Christ-Centered Preaching and Teaching
6-months, Limited to 12 people
"I'll help you prepare and deliver engaging, Christ-centered sermons or lessons."
$175/month or $1000
Six Session Overview
1) Biblical Convictions for Preaching and Teaching. In this session, we will discuss some of the essential convictions for Christ-centered exposition. We will do this by examine a variety of important texts.
Book: The Christ-Centered Expositor
Video: Foundations (2 Timothy 3:14-4:4; Nehemiah 8)
Cohort Meeting Discussion Topics: Colossians 1:24-29, and The Christ-Centered Expositor, Preaching Rhythms
2) Marks of An Effective Expositor. Because faithful and effective preaching and teaching involves more than mechanics, this session will focus on the life and heart of the expositor.·
Book: Tim Keller, Preaching
Video: What and Why of Christ-Centered Exposition
Cohort Meeting Discussion Topics: Marks of an Effective Expositor and Preaching by Keller.
3) Message Preparation. Here we will talk about the process for message preparation.
Book: Sidney Greidanus, Preaching Christ from the Old Testament
Video: Five Steps
Cohort Meeting Discussion Topics: Greidanus’ book, Preparation Process
4) Sermon Application. This session will highlight some of the key components of engaging sermon application, concentrating on the sermon application grid in CCE.
Book: Zack Eswine, Preaching to a Post-Everything World.
Video: Application Grid Example (1 Peter 1:13-2:3)
Cohort Meeting Discussion Topics: Eswine book
5) Multiplication. In the spirit of 2 Timothy 2:2, this session will talk about investing in future ministers of the word.
Book: Steve Timmis, Total Church
Video: Our Aspire Program (Training program for aspiring ministers)
Cohort Meeting Discussion Topics: Total Church, Training Programs
6) Preaching and Church Planting. This session will focus on the work of church planting and the importance on leading with the Word in a church plant.
Book: Tim Keller, Loving the City
Video: Lessons Learned on Church Planting
Cohort Meeting Discussion Topics: Keller Book, Church Planting Principles and Models. .
Tony Merida is the founding pastor of Imago Dei Church in Raleigh, N.C. He’s also the Content Director for Acts 29, producing blogs, podcasts, and other resources on church planting.
Tony, a former seminary professor, is a visiting professor at various schools, has an extensive itinerant ministry, and has written several books including The Christ-Centered Expositor, Ordinary, Orphanology, and eight volumes in the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series.
He is happily married to Kimberly, and they have five adopted children. You can follow Tony on Twitter here.
Who is this for?
What do I get?
6 livestream coaching sessions with your small group (monthly). This will be 75 minutes of sermon analysis (reviewing participants sermons) and Q/A (via Zoom Meeting)
6 tailored video teachings that you'll review before each coaching session.
Private online community (via Slack) to collaborate with Tony and group (12 people max)
1 60-minute video coaching call with Tony
Optional peer-to-peer live-stream discussion each month
Opportunity to have a sermon reviewed by Tony and group
Access to video sessions, to rewatch or
if you missed a call
What do I invest?
$175 / month or $1000 one-time payment. ($USD)
Participation on live video calls for at least 5 of 6 months
Engagement in ‘Slack’ online community, sharing questions, ideas, and goals
Purchase and read books Tony highlighted in the sessions above