Six Session Overview
1) Biblical Convictions for Preaching and Teaching. In this session, we will discuss some of the essential convictions for Christ-centered exposition. We will do this by examine a variety of important texts.
2) Marks of An Effective Expositor. Because faithful and effective preaching and teaching involves more than mechanics, this session will focus on the life and heart of the expositor.
3) The Theology and Philosophy of Christ-Centered Exposition (Part 1). In this session we will consider the “what” and “why” of exposition. We will define some terms, reflect on the theology that drives Christ-centered exposition, and underscore some of the benefits of doing it. We will also consider the need to make the hero of Scripture (Jesus), the hero of every message.
4) The Theology and Philosophy of Christ-Centered Exposition (Part 2). See above.
5) Message Preparation. Here we will talk about a five-step process for message preparation.
6) Delivering the Word. This talk will highlight some of the key components of engaging sermon/lesson delivery.
1. Apply and pay registration before the group is full (12 spots).
2. We set you up in your online group, where you can ask questions and connect (via Slack.com).
3. Start 1st video call on September 13th, growing with Tony over 6 months and becoming who God wants you to be.
SESSION: SEPTEMBER - FEBRUARY 2019
Here is the group session schedule: From 3-4:15PM EST, on Thursdays, Sept 13th, Oct 4th, Nov 15th, Dec 6th, Jan 17th, Feb 7th.
If you can't make a session, you will have access to a video recording.
Don't let your ministry plateau, develop your Christ-Centered communication & apply below: