The Christ-Centered Church: A Redeemed People Focused on Gospel, Community, and Mission.
6-months, Limited to 12 people
"I'll help you holistically lead your community with a Christ-Centered vision and framework."
$155/month or $900
1) Exalting Christ from the Scriptures. In this session we will consider the “what” and “why” and “how” of Christ-Centered teaching and preaching. We will discuss the need to make the hero of Scripture (Jesus), the hero of every message.
2) Experiencing Biblical Community. The church is not a building we visit, nor an event we attend, but a people to whom we belong. We will discuss the nature of the Christian community, the importance of it, and how to cultivate a people who care for one another well.
3) Network Evangelism. How can we make the good news known to our neighbors, friends, and co-workers? We will discuss how to live every day with gospel intentionality among the people that God has sovereignly placed in our lives.
4) Planting Churches. Why plant churches? We will answer this question, as well provide some thoughts on the nuts and bolts of church planting: core team development, launching, small group formation, fundraising, identifying a meeting place, the unique challenge of preaching in a church planting context, and more.
5) Practicing Hospitality. The ministry of hospitality is an undervalued Christian practice. By doing it, we can show mercy to those in need, as well as have meaningful gospel conversations with people. We will talk about some ways to do this faithfully and contextually.
6) Caring for the Vulnerable. This session will seek to apply James 1:27 – caring for orphans and widows in their affliction. We will consider the “what,” “why,” and “how” of caring for the vulnerable, as a people who have experienced God’s adopting grace.
Tony Merida is the founding pastor of Imago Dei Church in Raleigh, N.C. He’s also the Content Director for Acts 29, producing blogs, podcasts, and other resources on church planting.
Tony, a former seminary professor, is a visiting professor at various schools, has an extensive itinerant ministry, and has written several books including The Christ-Centered Expositor, Ordinary, Orphanology, and eight volumes in the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series.
He is happily married to Kimberly, and they have five adopted children. You can follow Tony on Twitter here.
Who is this for?
Motivated Church Members
What do I get?
What do I invest?
$155 / month or $900 one-time payment. (USD)
Participation on live video calls for at least 5 of 6 months
Engagement in ‘Slack’ online community, sharing questions, ideas, and goals
Read books or articles Tony recommends for the sessions