Worship, Leadership and Songwriting
6-months, Limited to 12 people
"I'll equip you as a leader & songwriter, helping you create a strong foundation for the Lord to build on"
$130/month or $750 one-time
Many worship leaders find themselves serving in a role they may not feel trained for. They face problems they do not know how to resolve, a team they do not know how to manage or simply lack a mentor who is able to push them further in their leadership. My goal is to invest in you, so that you can become who God made you to be.
1. The Search for Significance (Foundation Class) Book: “Scary Close” - Donald Miller. We were created to feel a sense of significance and worth. So often we turn to our position or abilities to prove our value but it is an empty pursuit. To be able to lead others effectively, we must know where our true value lies so we can “call out the gold” in others.
2. God Through All Seasons (Foundation Class) Book: “The Gifts of Imperfection” - Brené Brown. We are all in process. We are not defined by our past failures or our current struggles. To become the leaders God intends us to be, we must catch His vision for our lives. This session we will talk about how God uses our personal battles to forge us into stronger, more powerful leaders.
3. The Lost Art of Pastoring (Leadership Class). Many leaders are given the title of “pastor” but don’t know how to actually pastor others. This session will focus on understanding others, learning to communicate effectively, and how to care for the emotional and spiritual needs of those you are leading.
4. Leading A Worship Department (Leadership Class) There are many facets to leading a team. This practical session will focus on the steps necessary to build a strong community that is thriving, on and off the stage.
5. Being A Better Worship Leader (Leadership Class). Leading worship is much more than just singing songs on Sunday. In this session we will talk about the transformative power of worship as well as the practical things we can do to better lead a congregation into the Presence.
6. Songwriting for Corporate Worship (Creativity Class) Book: “The Songwriter’s Advocate” - Matt Stinton (Release date TBA). Writing worship songs for a corporate setting is an art, in and of itself, and great care must be taken when crafting songs that people from all walks of life can relate to. This session we will talk about how to write songs that will effectively lead an entire congregation and how to hone a theme and write stronger melodies and lyrics.
Matt Stinton is a worship pastor, songwriter and Bethel Music artist based out of Portland, Maine.
His song ‘Who Can Compare To You” is featured on Bethel Music’s album We Will Not Be Shaken. His previous songs include: “Give Me Jesus” (Tides/Tides Live), “This Is What You Do” (The Loft Sessions/For the Sake of the World) and “Draw Near” (The Loft Sessions).
Matt and his wife, Carla, are worship pastors at their church, Portland Life Center, and travel itinerantly leading worship and speaking. You can learn more about Matt on his website here.
Who is this for?
What do I get?
What do I invest?
$130 / month or $750 one-time payment. (USD)
Participation on live video calls for at least 5 of 6 months
Engagement in ‘Slack’ online community, sharing questions, ideas, and goals
Read books or articles Matt recommends for the sessions