Millennial Pastors Cohort
6 months, limited to 12 people
Millennials in ministry have the greatest opportunity to impact the Church,
but many don't have the tools to maximize their leadership
Jonathan is a millennial determined to leave the world in better shape than he found it. He and his wife Melissa married in December 2008 and have been in ministry since.
Jonathan was the Orangeburg Campus Pastor at Cornerstone, a campus with an average of 1400 attendees until January of 2017. He now serves as Connections Pastor for SpringWell Church in Taylors, S.C.
In June of 2013, Jonathan was recognized as one of the nation’s top young influencers by Brad Lomenick, Founder of Catalyst. He’s also been a speaker at The Sticks Conference, Exponential, The NINES, and Propel conferences. In June 2014, Jonathan released his first book, Next Up: 8 Shifts Great Young Leaders Make.
In May 2015, Jonathan released an eBook with ChurchMag Press to help pastors get the important stuff done called: The Productive Pastor Handbook. Jonathan co-hosts a monthly leadership podcast called the Next Up Podcast geared towards helping young leaders expand their influence. He’s also been a guest on the Carey Nieuwhof Leadership Podcast and the Productivityist Podcast.
- Leading From Below How do you earn trust from senior leaders, and how do you lead when you’re not in the big seat?
- Building A Team All leaders (not just senior leaders), have to know how to get the right people around them in order to accomplish an organization’s vision.
- Managing Your Time How do we manage our time as we’re increasing our leadership ability and responsibilities?
- Networking Like A Pro “It’s all in who you know.” We’ll talk about how to network, no matter what your personality is.
- Resolving Various Types of Conflict As leaders, our job isn’t to take sides, but to foster resolution. How do you do that within yourself, your staff, or even your volunteers?
- Strategic Planning and Goal Setting How do you get practical and strategic in accomplishing goals? How do you make the steps actionable, but also adaptable?
Who it’s for
- Millennial pastors who are not senior leaders
- Pastors in their first few years of ministry
What you get
- 6 live monthly video calls with your small group, 2 hours each with teaching and Q/A (via ‘Zoom Meeting’)
- Private online community (via ‘Slack’) to collaborate with Jonathan and group (12 people max)
- 1 60-minute coaching call with Jonathan
- Access to video sessions, to rewatch or if you missed a call
What You Invest
- $600 ($100/month) 100% payment upfront to reserve spot
- Participation on live video calls for at least 5 of 6 months
- Engagement in ‘Slack’ online community, sharing questions, ideas, and goals
- Read books or articles that Jonathan recommends for the sessions