Jared c. wilson
Gospel-Centrality and Pastoral Ministry
6-months, Limited to 13 people
"I'll help you keep the gospel central in your preaching, shepherding, and discipling in the church."
Many pastors struggle to apply the idea of gospel-centrality “across the board” in their ministries. My strength is helping point leaders to Christ for their validation and motivation in ministry...
1. Why Gospel-Centrality? This session will lay the biblical foundation for orienting ministry around the finished work of Christ.
2. The Gospel-Centered Pastor. Pastors fundamentally lead from who they think they are. This session will deal with identity and empowerment.
3. Preaching. An overview of approaches to the Bible and preaching pro-tips on making the main thing the main thing.
4. Shepherding. Peter tells pastors to “shepherd the flock of God that is among you.” This session will cover what that looks like from the gospel-centered paradigm and offers some “best practices” for scheduling, administrating, visiting, and sabbathing.
5. Discipling. How do you help people constantly look to Jesus? If the call of the church is to make disciples, what should pastors be doing week to week to facilitate fulfilling this mandate?
6. Gospel-Centered Troubleshooting. This session will deal with applying our union with Christ to ministerial and relational issues that can cause frustration and discouragement – problem people, gossip, the slow pace of change, difficult contexts, family dynamics, etc..
Jared Wilson is 20+-year veteran of vocational ministry, having served in churches small, medium, and large in multiple states. He is currently the director of content strategy and managing editor of For The Church at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri, where he also directs the Pastoral Training Center at Liberty Baptist Church, an 18-month residency program for men preparing for pastoral ministry.
Jared is the author of numerous books, including The Pastor’s Justification, The Prodigal Church, and The Imperfect Disciple, and he speaks at numerous churches and conferences around the world every year.
Who is this for?
Pastors in their first decade of vocational ministry
What do I get?
6 live monthly video calls with your small group, 2 hours of teaching and Q/A (via Zoom Meeting)
Private online community (via Slack) to collaborate with Jared and group (13 people max)
1 60-minute video coaching call with Jared
Access to video sessions, to rewatch or
if you missed a call
Monthly Peer-to-Peer Video Call
What do I invest?
$900 one-time or $155/month
Participation on live video calls for at least 5 of 6 months
Engagement in ‘Slack’ online community, sharing questions, ideas, and goals
Read books or articles Jared recommends for the sessions